August 25, 2008

It's That Time of Year


The nights are chilly and the mornings are brisk. That can only mean one thing....fall is just around the corner. And it's a tight race between spring and fall to determine which is my favorite season. But IF I really had to choose, I think it would be fall. The smell of harvest, the sound of corn dryers on bins, tractors and combines running through the fields, football games and who could forget...trail rides to take in the beauty of fall color. So I realize there isn't any fall color yet, but I'm already getting excited about our October weekend with our horse friends. It's a weekend of lots of hours in the saddle, laughs and chats around the campfire, and just some good old fashion quality time with Mom.

Now that I'm back home, I'll get to ride a lot more. We've already been out three times in the two weeks I've been here! We're really fortunate to have a great trail system just 20 miles away and then another set about 40 miles away. It makes a great getaway on a Sunday afternoon. There's just something peaceful about the sound of leather creaking and your horses hooves hitting the trail bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me wish that Anne and Kylie lived closer so we could do some of the same things that you and Shorty are doing. Enjoy it! Love, Suzy