June 24, 2008

Partners in Grime


Sometimes as you stand in the starting chute for a race, you start to ask yourself 'what in the world was I thinking when I signed up for this'! Saturday as we left Athens at 5:15am and the rain started coming down....I was definitely wondering what in the world we were getting into. But I have to admit, the Muddy Buddy is probably one of the funnest race events I've ever done. You and your teammate (partners in grime) share a bike for a six mile race. Throughout the race you alternate who is running and who is biking for each mile; at every mile marker and bike exchange station you complete a physical obstacle; and to get to the finish you and your partner crawl through a huge mud pit. It was a blast! Running in the rain was no big deal. But the couple miles I did on the mountain bike...on the slick trails...well let's just say I was a little scaredy cat! I was always glad to pass off the bike. This is definitely an event I would do again! Special thanks to my friend Chester for being my partner in grime.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Okay, even though I think you're CRAZY, it does sound like a lot of fun!! I've never heard of a race like that before. Two thumbs up!!