May 2, 2008

Let's gooooo racing!



Over my entire life, right after hearing the national anthem I've heard the words "Let's gooooo racing!" Tonight for the first time in my six years in Georgia....I'm going to the races. There's just not much better on a Friday or Saturday night than the smell of burning fuel, the sound of roaring engines, a crowd of rowdy fans, and not to forget nachos...with a heap of jalapeƱo peppers! I'm guessing it won't be as good as heading to Knoxville to watch my brother, but it's still the races and it will give me a little fix to hold me over until I see my brother race in a couple weeks.

When I think back over the years of go-carts, mini-sprints, stock cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles and sprint cars....I don't know that I could really pick a favorite to watch. It was always fun. But of course it was always best when my dad was the one taking the checkered flag!! And one of the most memorable parts was that it was always quality time with family and friends. So tonight I'm introducing my friend Amy to 'the races'!

Post Script: Here's a picture of Amy and I at the Lavonia Speedway. She loved it....until it starting getting late because of time trials, wrecks, restarts, etc. But I told her that was just part of going to 'the races'! She loved it but I think it might be a one time experience for her. But the other two friends that went with us...they had a great time!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Keep on a bloggin!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll look like you had fun!!

I'll let you know when the mud boggin' place opens up near my house so you can torture (I mean introduce) her to that sport, too.